Are you one of those employees who are not happy with your career growth?
When I say career growth, I mean appreciation, job satisfaction and of course a well deserved promotion.
Before you shift to clueless mode and conclude that nothing can be done and it’s all because of office politics or your bad luck, I request you to listen to me because I want to help you. I would like you to try below 10 simple actions which might (I am sure they will) make a difference to your career growth.
Here I go.
- Be Result-Oriented – Efforts are noticed, but results are rewarded. If you think that only putting lots of efforts will get you promoted, you are wrong. Efforts will surely move forward in the race but what matters is the right result. Always start with small and then achieve success in parts. Join the working parts and create the working model.
- Adopt to Single-Tasking – This point greatly influences your time management aspect as well. Finish what you started instead of parallel working.
- Be Proactive – Don’t wait others to come and tell you what to do. Instead, ask them ad get yourself involved.
- Don’t be afraid of making mistakes – Try to learn from them. But make sure that you don’t repeat the mistakes. Repeating the mistakes make you appear dumb.
- Commit to what you promise – Else don’t promise.
- Increase your influence in the team – Communicate effectively.
- Stay away from negative people. Learn more about how to handle negative people.
- Go to the extra mile – Don’t hesitate to attempt the new work. This is where you grow. But make sure that you take calculated risk.
- Develop a sense of humor– Skip this point if you already have one :-)
- Practice above actions for at least 2 months for seeing a change in your career. Of course, by then you would not like to discontinue them since you would have gathered additional praise, rewards and a well deserved promotion :-)
Sounds good? I want to hear from you. Drop me a line about your results.